Thursday, March 10, 2011

Creation

1 Nephi 17:36   Alma 30:44   Doctrine and Covenants 88:41-47   Moses 2:1   Moses 6:63   Abraham 3:24-25

Alma 30:44  ...The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the bearth, and call things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its dmotion, yea, and also all the eplanets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.

The beauty and majesty of the earth not only testifies of God, but it testifies that He is such a loving God.  Of course, we needed a place for our mortal experience, a place where we could be tried and tested, a place where we could learn.  But it didn't have to be such a beautiful place, did it?  Certainly, God could have skimped a little. 

But He didn't.  He knew we'd be here for a seemingly long life.  He knew we'd have some hard times.   I don't think I'm the only one who has sought peace and consolation from nature.  When my heart has been heavy, I have often retired to a walk on the beach or through the woods, depending on where I lived.  I felt closer to Him there, and I poured my heart out to Him, and I felt like He listened.  I know He did.

I love to sit outside, even in my own backyard, and feel the sun on my face and enjoy the blue skies.  I like to see the wind rippling the water of our pool.  I love my little visitors, the lizards racing along the concrete wall or sunning themselves in the morning.  I love to hear the songs of birds through an open window as I walk by.  I love, love, love, the smell of orange blossoms in the Spring, the bright colors of flowers blooming, and the sight of butterflies and dragon flies fluttering by.  I like to discover grasshoppers and praying mantises camouflaged in the garden greenery who have given themselves away by a slight motion that catches my eye.  I love walking to get the mail and seeing the snow-capped mountains on the horizon, sometimes bathed in purple with the setting sun.

These things make me smile, involuntarily.  They lift my heart.  They remind me that God loves me, and more importantly, that He wants me to have joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment