Friday, October 29, 2010

One Step At A Time

2 Nephi 9

v. 41 "Behold, the way for man is narrow, but it lieth in a straight course before him, and the keeper of the gate is the Holy One of Israel."

The path for man is narrow, so narrow that there is only room to put one foot in front of the other, step by step, always moving toward Christ.  It's a journey, this path, and a constant discovery.  I become aware of some flaw in me, at times a very big flaw, sometimes just something small and bothersome.  With faith, I take the first step and acknowledge it.  I want to change.  I believe that my Savior will help me.  I look to His life and see how to do it.  I take a step in His direction.  I feel His love and encouragement.  Encouragement.  Giving me courage.  As I move away from my flaw and toward my Savior, He heals me.  Happiness floods that area in my life where pain used to be.  I am lighter, I am stronger.  I can see clearer.  See another flaw.  Take another step.  Just one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment