Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Remembering Jesus Christ

Alma 7



v. 10 And behold, he shall be aborn of Mary, at bJerusalem which is the cland of our forefathers, she being a dvirgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and econceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God. 

v.11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and aafflictions and btemptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will ctake upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

v. 12 And he will take upon him adeath, that he may bloose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to csuccor his people according to their infirmities.

I'm lucky it's the Christmas season with so many reminders to remember Him.  I also love how my Heavenly Father gives me just the message I need to hear when I need to hear it most.  A reminder and a testimony that He has taken upon Him my pains and my sicknesses.  That His bowels are filled with mercy towards me.  That He knows how to succor me.
v. 19 For I perceive that ye are in the paths of righteousness; I perceive that ye are in the path which leads to the kingdom of God; yea, I perceive that ye are making his apaths straight.

After yesterday's scriptures which were harsher in nature, calling me to repentance for allowing the ravenous wolves to enter my heart, here is God's reassurance.  He knows that I'm doing the best that I can, that my desires are righteous, that I am keeping the commandments and making progress.  He reassures me that through my faithfulness, I am indeed "His people," and that I qualify for the succor the Savior stands ready to offer me.

His arms are open.  Ask, and ye shall receive.  Go and find comfort there in His embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment