Saturday, November 27, 2010

Choose Ye This Day

Mosiah16

1 And now, it came to pass that after Abinadi had spoken these words he stretched forth his hand and said: The time shall come when all shall see the asalvation of the Lord; when bevery nation, kindred, tongue, and people shall see eye to eye and shall cconfess before God that his djudgments are just.

The time will come when all men will know that the words spoken by the prophets are true, that Jesus Christ is our Savior and the Redeemer of all mankind.   Denial will no longer be a luxury they can maintain. 

12 Having gone according to their own carnal wills and desires; having never called upon the Lord while the arms of mercy were extended towards them; for the arms of mercy were extended towards them, and they would anot; they being warned of their iniquities and yet they would not depart from them; and they were commanded to repent and yet they would not repent.
I think of my Savior, His arms outstretched, inviting.  I think about the times I have received His invitation and thrown myself into His arms in tears.  I think about how every time, He has comforted and healed me.  I know that each time I come unto Him, He will comfort and heal me.  And then I think of all the people who "would not."  Those who choose their own willfulness over the rest He offers.  It makes me feel sad. 

The gospel is simple.  The plan of happiness is simple.  Love God.  Turn to His Son.  Do your best.  Love others.  Be happy, be happy, be happy.

Today, I choose to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment