Friday, November 12, 2010

How Beautiful Upon The Mountains Are Their Feet

Mosiah 15

9 Having ascended into heaven, having the bowels of mercy; being filled with compassion towards the children of men; standing betwixt them and justice; having broken the bands of death, taken upon ahimself their iniquity and their transgressions, having redeemed them, and bsatisfied the demands of justice.

Imagine that you are hearing these words for the first time (perhaps you are).  Jesus Christ, motivated only by love for you, descended below all and redeemed you.  No longer must you be weighed down with sin, for He has already borne them for you.  No more need you fear death, for He has conquered it, and you will live again.  He has offered you peace and joy in this world and in the world to come.

How do you react?  My heart fills with joy, hope, gratitude, and love.  Others -- as we will see later in this section of Mosiah -- react in anger.

Anger?  I do not understand it.  I am glad it is beyond my comprehension, because it means that someone is so deeply entrenched in their sins, that they have chosen evil so many times that they have grown to love it.  I cannot say they are happy in their ways; that is contrary to eternal truth.  But they are addicted to the satisfaction of it, the thrill, the adrenaline rush perhaps.  They choose to remain lost and rebellious.

14 And these are athey who have published peace, who have brought good btidings of good, who have cpublished salvation; and said unto Zion: Thy God reigneth!
15 And O how beautiful upon the mountains were their feet! 
 
Thank you to the missionaries who first came to my father's house when he was a teenage boy.  And thank you to the missionaries who came to see my mom when she was a very young mother.  Thank you to my parents who taught me the truths that they knew, and helped me learn to love those truths.  Thank you to the prophets who testify of Him still.  Your feet are beautiful upon the mountains to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment